Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Stuff I Did and Stuff I'm Doing

It's Tuesday again! My favorite day of the week because it means I at least have every intention of getting everything done I ever hoped to. And since I woke up later than I had planned today (more on that later), let's keep this post short and sweet so I can get back to my ever-mounting to-do list.

Here's some stuff I did the past few days:

- Worked ALLLLLL day Saturday. Started early, didn't take a break, got out later than expected. But, it's ok because my first customer of the day was a professional CLOWN and made my co-workers and me BALLOON ANIMALS.

 
You made my day, sir

Bear with balloons, Harley motorcycle
and a wiener dog with a meatball in his belly
Crystal was pleased as well

 
 
- Sunday was a more productive day than I prefer my day of rest to be. So, I finished the day with a Spa Sunday relax session. Did my nails, put on a face mask and did that thing with the cucumbers over your eyes. What does that do anyway?
 


Tom was excited to photograph this moment

 
 
- After yesterday's work, Tom and I went for a very nice, but very windy run at the Farm Park. It's pretty this time of year with all the corn grown in. It's like a corn maze, although, as Tom pointed out, one that is difficult to get lost it. I don't know about that...
 


Days like this make running bearable

 
- After our run and a relaxing evening of dinner and reading, we watched Outsourced, at the recommendation of our good friends, Ric and Mirabai. A pretty entertaining fish out of water story, we are always reeled in by stories about Americans bumbling around in Asia. As with most romantic comedies, the love story was the least interesting part, but we will forgive it.
 


Whoever could have predicted this unlikely romance
between two attractive, intelligent and witty main characters?
 
 
 
- And, finally, last night I stayed up until one in the morning finishing The Fault in Our Stars, that Amber so graciously leant me. It was a fun read, or as fun as you can get when talking about teenagers with terminal cancer. Since Tom had just finished 100 Years of Solitude last night, I was eager to have the same thrill of finishing a book so I sacrificed some beauty rest to fulfill my desires. The extra sleep came out of this morning's productivity time, but what can you do? 


Thanks again for the book, Amber!
 
Now, at only 10 o'clock in the morning, I am ready to tackle the day's to-dos. What's on the agenda today?
 
- enjoy a leisurely cup of coffee (in progress)
- research how to build a website
- read the next essay in the philosophy anthology
- start reading 100 Years of Solitude so Tom and I can have lively literature discussions
- send out some resumes
- stalk e-lance
- meet up with Josh to do some dinner eating and nature walking
- first, find a good nearby park for nature walking
- go for a run
- clean my apartment? if there's time...
 
As always, I will leave you with one item to add to your to-do list. Tell me, what is your "productive" day. I mean, hopefully most days are pretty productive, but what day of the week is your I'm-going-to-get-so-much-stuff-done-today day? Do you to-do list? How much of your list ever gets done? I aim for about 75%.
 
Until next time, faithful readers and to-do-listers, I will leave you with a picture of my morning coffee. Perhaps the idea of the caffeine contained within the pages of the interweb will get you amped and ready for the day ahead.
 


Zooooooooom!!!!!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment