Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Stuff I Did This Week

It's another beautiful To-Do List Tuesday! Right in the middle of today's list is to update you on how this week went. Let's look at the pictures, shall we?

- Had a Sunday cook out at Gary and Susan's 
 
 
Summer food tastes better outside
- Got a pedicure
 
Purple toes!
So relaxing. So needed that.


 
- Met the infamous Sooki
 


I think she likes me. Or is it licks? I think she licks me
 
 
- Watched Tom and Anthony geek out with Magick Cards
 


Tom was not happy to have this documented


- Saw a run down, abandoned store with my name on it



Hard to see, but I swear it was named after me!




-Visited Ric and Mirabai for a some pool time


Great pool day







Ric just couldn't stay on that poor seal


-Stopped by a local dairy farm (by mistake) but got some amazing chocolate milk



It had cinnamon and chili in it


- Hand delivered a special gift all the way from beautiful Girona, Spain!


Thanks, Mireia!

Did he fall asleep under there?
- Watched Tom pour his heart and soul into my stubborn car


Typical Saturday...





 
 
- Smelled the pretty flowers in Brian's yard
 


 
 
 
- Broke a glass in my hand at work. Oops
It didn't hurt yet. That came later
All better!



 
 
- Had a late night date at one of my favorite restaurants!
 

All about the Skinnylicious menu
Salted caramel something something

- Followed a giant cow to some free ice cream at Wegman's
Tom wondering how to go about milking this guy

















- Made our own banana ice cream with our new Dessert Bullet



With strawberries, nutella and whipped cream

 
- Watched Dark Side of Oz at Clark Park with Tom, Kira and Brodie. It was spectacular



Everyone applauded when the witch melted


- Concocted a new smoothie to delicious results



Apple, banana, strawberry, peanut butter, yogurt and celery
- Got some new stuff from Amazon. Including the soundtrack to O Brother Where Art Thou? which I am listening to now and the Pacific Rim prequel graphic novel, Tales From Year Zero, which I will be reading shortly.



I can't get this picture to go right side up. Thanks, Google.
 
- Got a new haircut from the awesome Kristie at Catarina's Salon in Lansdale.
 






- Ate a turkey club sandwich with my awesome potato salad

Can't touch this... cause it's gone

So that was my week in pictures. I did lots of other stuff, too, but it wasn't as fun to take pictures of.

As today is Tuesday, here is my to-do list:

- get a haircut (check!)
- go the bank (check!)
- clean and vacuum the living room
- rearrange the living room?
- clean and scrub the bathroom
- face mask
- gym
- apply to more jobs (ugh)
- learn how to cook swiss chard
- write on blog (check!)
- manicure
- pay Berkheimer (do I have to?)
- clear off desk (been working on this one for weeks)

How is your to-do list today going? Share with us!


















2 comments:

  1. My favorite swiss chard recipe:

    2 pounds Swiss chard
    4 quarts salted water
    3 medium Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut crosswise into 4 pieces
    1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
    salt and freshly ground black pepper

    To prepare the chard: Trim the ends from the stems. Cut off and discard any wilted or yellow parts of the leaves. Strip the stems from the leaves, and cut the stems into ½ inch lengths. Cut the leaves in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½ inch strips. Wash the leaf and stem pieces thoroughly, then drain them well.

    Bring the salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add the potatoes and cook 20 minutes, until tender. Add the Swiss chard stems. After another 10 minutes add the leaves, then cook all until the vegetables are very tender, an additional 5 minutes. Drain in a colander.

    Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook just until it begins to brown, about 1 minute. Add the Swiss chard and potatoes, and season them lightly with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring and mashing the potatoes, until the liquid is evaporated and the potatoes are coarsely mashed. If the potatoes begin to brown, adjust the level of heat to medium-low and continue stirring. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper, stir, and serve hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really good! I will try that next time. I looked up tons of recipes for it and found some that looked good and I had the ingredients for and then when I pulled out the chard... totally wilted. I'm hoping it will be good enough to sautee quickly and add to some pasta. But your recipe sounds better and easier than some of the other ones I found, so I will try it the next time I pick up some chard. This was a gift from Susan's garden. I will let you know how it turns out!

      Delete