Thursday, August 7, 2014

Stuff I Did This Week

Happy Thursday! For most of you today is a good day because tomorrow is... Friday! For me, I am on about Tuesday of my work week, but nonetheless it feels like a good day. I know you're all dying to know what I've been up to, so here we go. Stuff I did this week...

- As a spur of the moment decision last week, we stopped at the grocery store on the way home from work and bought a whole chicken to roast. Because roasting chicken is easy, right? Well, sort of, if you don't mind not eating until ten o'clock at night (because we still had to go to the gym first to EARN a large roast chicken dinner). No matter, it was delicious and we've now been eating chicken salad for a week. Not complaining.


Eight pounds might have been a little more than we needed
Money shot

It was a big but amazing dinner

- Got some important paperwork done

Or not...
- Drove my car! For the first time in almost 8 months! (more on this next week)


After Brian gave it a good test drive
- Tested out our new pizza stone! Pizza enthusiasts that we are, this was exciting stuff. We actually tested it again last night to better results. I suppose we will just have to keep experimenting until we get it just right. Oh bother...




The beautiful BEFORE


And the slightly burned AFTER. Still tasted good!



















- Went tubing with Kira and Andrew. No pictures of actual tubing because I'm not dumb enough to take my phone into a very watery situation. Rest assured, it was a lovely relaxing float down the Brandywine. I highly suggest taking a day (and a floating cooler) to just go mosy along the water. With LOTS of sunscreen.
Here is the place we went through: http://northbrookcanoe.com/index.php


The Big Bobber floating cooler. People
were jealous of its awesomeness
Kira offered me an aloe plant but I forgot to take one! Luckily,
unlike last time I went tubing, I didn't get sunburn and didn't need
the aloe right away.








- Tom and I continued on our beginning training phases for the half-marathon. I say beginning because I am still working up to run the way I was running for the Broad Street Run. Procrastinator that I am, without the pressure of the race being TOO close, it's tough to always feel motivated to get out as often as I should. This week and last, though, I've been picking up the pace a bit. Maybe I will pick it up a bit more.
 





Feeling fierce after a workout
Tom feeling... fierce?

 
 
 
All in all, a pretty typical week. What did you do this week? Anything fun or interesting? Start a new project? Finish a project? Share your to-dones with us!
 
 
My To-do List:
 
- get new running shoes
- renew my car registration
- stretch more
- plan dinners before we're hungry
- ice my knee (going to do that one right now!)
- get up at the same time every day
- less Facebook in the morning
 
Hope you all have a productive and exciting end (or beginning) to your week! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment